Looking for the ideal recipe to fight off the imminent chill? There’s nothing better than snuggling up against the winter cold with a bowl of steaming hot soup. This winter, the chefs from the Lakeview Restaurant are sharing their favourite winter recipes so you can enjoy them in the comfort of your own home and try your hand at some new scrumptious meals. This Butternut and Orange soup is the perfect accent to a chilly evening in front of the fire or to impress friends at your next dinner party. What’s more, the high levels of vitamin C in the butternut and the orange will be sure to keep any colds and flu at bay.
3 TB Butter
1 large onion chopped
4 medium potatoes diced
1.5kg butternut diced
1 peel of orange
3 TB vegetable stock
1/2 orange juice
1 ts cinnamon
½ cup cream
salt & pepper as needed.
1. Melt the butter and fry the onions for 1 minute
2. Add butternut, potatoes, orange peel, stock and orange juice and bring to boil
3. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the potato is soft
4. Use a blender or a handheld mixer to blend until smooth
5. Return to pot and add cinnamon and cream
6. Slowly bring to boil, reduce heat and leave to simmer until heated through
7. Serve with salt and pepper to taste
This dish serves eight and is best enjoyed with freshly baked bread. Once you’ve had a chance to make it, be sure to let us know how your own personal Butternut and Orange soup turned out by sharing a picture or a post on the Nibela Lake Lodge Facebook page!
Not much of a cook? Not to worry – the Lakeview Restaurant serves up this delectable dish on a daily basis, and what’s more it’s paired with Nibela’s famous Zulu bread – trust us, you won’t be able to get enough. Book your stay at Nibela Lake Lodge today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0861 010 347, and experience the deliciousness for yourself.
Jess (Paleo Grubs)